Please carefully read the information below before proceeding to the application. Doyle Scholarship applications will be available online only, accessed by clicking the link below. Applicants, if you need a paper application, please contact the Scholarship Office directly.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 pm Monday, June 4, 2018
The Doyle Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to qualified local high school graduates who attend Santa Rosa Junior College during the 2018-19 academic year to complete an Associate’s Degree, certificate program, and/or units necessary to transfer to a four-year institution. Funds for these scholarships are provided through the Frank P. Doyle and Polly O’Meara Doyle Trust.
Students who meet all of the following eligibility requirements may apply:
1. Will graduate from high school in 2017-18 with the Class of 2018. Preference is given to local high school graduates.
2. Have a current unweighted overall High School Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher.*
- After graduation, an official transcript will be required showing your graduation date and final unweighted GPA of 2.0 or higher (9th-12th GPA).
* If your GPA is verified by your high school to be 2.0-2.74, you will be required to submit a personal statement. The SRJC Scholarship Office will contact you with instructions. (OR submit your personal statement/essay NOW!!!)
3. Plan to enroll full-time (12 or more units) at Santa Rosa Junior College during the 2018-19 academic year.
4. Submit a 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid otherwise known as FAFSA (https://fafsa.ed.gov/) or California Dream Act application (https://dream.csac.ca.gov/).
High School Counselor GPA Verification:
Your high school counselor, registrar or advisor (director for homeschool students) will be asked to verify your GPA after June 4, 2018.
Recipient Selection and Notification:
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of factors including high school GPA, financial need, and high school of attendance.
After your application is submitted, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. Keep this email for your records.
All applicants will be notified electronically of award status by mid-July 2018 (through email and myfinancialaid.santarosa.edu).
Awards will be offered at $1,200 for the 2018-19 academic year.
Doyle Scholars from the Class of 2018 may be eligible to renew the scholarship for 2019-20.
The 2018-19 Doyle Scholarship is paid in four $300 installments over the course of the academic year upon regular verification of the student’s qualifications. Selected recipients will receive complete details about claiming and maintaining their Doyle Scholarship for 2018-19 and the renewal process for 2019-20.
If you have any questions, click here for Doyle Scholarship Application FAQs or contact the SRJC Scholarship Office (707) 527-4740.