Jessie Heinzman HEP Scholarship
Vocational Certificate Students
Awards: 5 awards at $200
Criteria (students must meet all of the following):
- Current or past High School Equivalency Program (HEP) student.
- Student must have received a GED or a HiSET Certificate through SRJC HEP.
- Student must be currently enrolled at SRJC in the Spring 2018 semester or plan to enroll in the Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 semester in a credit or non-credit course.
- Open to all majors
- A detailed personal educational and career goal statement is required (1 page)
- Attach most recent transcript (unofficial acceptable for SRJC, high school, or other college work)
- List any campus or outside activities, organizations, or community services you are involved with related to your program of study.
- Write a statement describing your feelings about achieving the High School Equivalency Certificate (GED/HiSET) and how this fits into your overall life goals.
- Financial need may be considered. Students receiving Federal Financial Aid must have “remaining need” in their financial aid package to receive this award; in some instances, Direct Loans and/or Federal Work Study awards may need to be reduced.
Application and Selection Process: A selection committee will review all eligible applicants. All applicants will be notified of award status through email by the end on June.