Scholarship Application Instructions
This document provides instructions on accessing and completing the SRJC Scholarship Application through AwardSpring.
About Scholarship Appeals
1. Unit exception. Students with an approved accommodation through Disability Resources may appeal for full-time equivalency (a minimum of 9 units will be considered for full-time). Verification of recommendation from DRD required. Less than 9 units will not be approved as equivalent to full-time.
2. Deferrals. Students who are unable to attend in the fall, but intend to enroll in the spring semester may request to defer their awards to spring. Awards cannot be deferred to another academic year. The fall portion of the award will be considered forfeit.
3. Split Award Amounts. Many award amounts are split between academic terms for Fall and Spring enrollment. If the student does not attend in either academic term, the award will be cancelled for the term of non-attendance. Requests to receive the total annual award amount in one academic term will not be granted.
4. Satisfactory Academic Progress. Not meeting GPA or completion rate requirements. A student may submit an appeal explaining the extenuating circumstances that have prevented them from meeting the minimum requirement of their scholarship award. Verification may be requested.
5. Awarded a scholarship for transferring student, but submitting a request to receive the award as a continuing student at SRJC. Students may submit an appeal requesting a review of the scholarship requirements. Exceptions may be granted only if the scholarship allows for students to also be a continuing SRJC student.
6. Awarded a scholarship for a continuing SRJC student, but submitting a request to receive the award as a transfer student. Students may submit an appeal requesting a review of the scholarship requirements. Exceptions may be granted only if the scholarship allows for students to also be a transferring student. Verification of full-time enrollment at a four-year school will be required.
7. Requesting to receive SRJC scholarships to attend another community college. SRJC scholarships are awarded to support continued enrollment and academic success at SRJC or to assist SRJC students as they transfer from SRJC to a four-year school. Appeals to attend another community college will not be approved.
Submitting an appeal for consideration does not guarantee approval.
Requested Verification Documents
Some scholarship recipients are required to submit a verification document in order to complete an award requirement. Please refer to your award letter or scholarship application to find out if this applies to you. Here are the most commonly requested verification documents (click on the document name for more information):
If you have questions about any of the below forms or documents, call the Scholarship Office at (707) 527-4740.
|NOTE: Adobe Reader is needed to view PDF files. Free download.|